Saturday, September 23, 2017

COPING JEWEL --

















Whole walking cane's a solid white / tics it on a tile / man is blind holding on it in a double fist they did him in wrong / mani's fresh, 4 days in, she's saying the nails look like teeth--but says it like "they look like 1 tooth tenned" / no reason for that man caning all in front to know his teeth are bright set in his mouth like jewels / solid white rubies / but they are / gleaning out / a coping he has / but he can't know unless we say / more clicking this time from his feet on public outdoor marble that can only look dirty once you walk up to it / I want to tell him / he's on top of steps that we all see clean at a distance / but so gross from the shoes going across if you're close / this one's not a coping just some thing he won't know / He is no Stesichorus
























Jewel Mae Devorse
East Hartford '45 - '17

 "What would you like to say about Jewel?"

























everyone I could set into AlumiRes resin / she's one of them / I sit far away / this woman walking fast no fixed way on a court / we're so hot it's a bad hot 3 PM / get down on concrete smells like sweat / she's big / semi-mesh shining nylon shorts these are a cherry red a deep red all-over diamond cuts but you won't know the shapes unless you get up on a pair of them / those shorts wicking away anything wet dripping down her / my lashes hang on by baby magnets and laughing but comes out a straight dirty hiss / at her / I don't mean a jeer at you / comes off like a jeering / at you / ask her is she building muscle / looks at top of my forehead says into me "no working at stubborn belly fat and I chafe, I chafe, I put the baby powder all over" / after a blinking back to her see a fistful of talcum mixed up with Tricofero for the hair until it turns itself to royal lite purple paste / she's jerking in the air from behind but I make her still / all I do to make her into that is look down / "who has to bear much" / now she is a Tantalus to me / parched no lake for her to want / lumbers too strong / I see her so I set what she looks like into the etching for Lanman & Kemp-Barclay tonic for the hair / 2 cone planters either side of her / I keep her / I'll keep her in that way























Jewel Stegall Hughson,
California
'47 - '17
"What would you like to say about Jewel?"

He says he wants his music to sound like a recording of a small dog in a designer carrier being pulled around a city for a day

 "I just hope people understand that was a year for him," he went on, switching to the third person. "And I hope everyone has a successful year and I hope that's in the past."




No comments:

Post a Comment

BREAKING & ENTERING / Joy Williams

‘In continuity there is a little of everything, in everything else.’ “WIZ,” Willie said. “SKY. SEA.” She erased the invisible marks with her...